recent addition to the Centre is a pair of Lowther Voigt Corner Horns, very
kindly donated by Professor Robin Tucker.
Voigt Corner Horn was first introduced in 1934 and was manufactured under license
until the early 1950’s.The
Corner Horn caused a sensation when first introduced as the quality of sound
and high efficiency eclipsed everything else on the market.
blueprint was ever available because of the complexity of the cabinet’s design and
it is thought only 330 Voigt Domestic Corner Horns were ever manufactured.Our
two examples dating from 1947 and 1949 are rare and much sought after – we are
delighted that Professor Tucker made such a generous donation.